Monday 17 February 2014

Chicks and Mortar

I'm on the property ladder!


No, not here and also not moving any time soon. When it comes to houses, I am definitely the tortoise. I am plodding along laboriously lifting one tortoise foot in front of the other and trying not to panic too much about how I'll get there or where 'there' really is. That's what I have learnt to do with property - be patient and try not to think about the big picture too much.  Hopefully being the tortoise will end up being as good a thing as it promises in the fable. This is what I keep reminding myself. 

My urban cottage...



I've been meaning to check in and update you on where on earth I've been but eating tinned tuna for dinner whilst on the phone to two repair men at once isn't blog-worthy. I have also been a bit concerned that I'm losing my mind - I've developed a pathological fear of Grand Designs. If it comes on TV, I cover my eyes and start shouting "I can't look, I can't look. Is it going to be ok?". Pretty much the same reaction to the Saw series or the close ups of David Bowie's crotch in The Labyrinth. Oh Good.

Trauma aside, I am sorry that we've been so quiet recently. Mainly my usual to do list of (go to work, cook and eat nice things, write about it)  has been added to somewhat by a long list of glamorous activities:

Roof repair
Damp repair
Floor laying
Removing rotten windows

Even Mummy Floandelle is getting involved. Maybe we can start a renovation company called Chicks and Mortar once we're done with this one. 



...............etc. 
...................................etc.
..........................................................etc.


At some point it will become: choose tiles for the kitchen, find the right pantone to make the bathroom feel eternally sunny and wall paper the door to the roof terrace (actual interesting blog posts). For nowthough I'm keeping my damp and timber problems to myself. Flo is off sunning herself and eating steak in Argentina. Watch this space for more exciting posts very soon. 



See you soon! In the meanwhile if you're interested in my project I'm all over Pinterest. 
Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design project Flo and Elle house repair interior design projecthome interiors ideas