Thursday 3 July 2014

Paesan in Exmouth Market


Paesan is one of these places I keep not reviewing because I am sure I'll be back soon. It is relatively new but has instantly become a dinnertime staple. It is just so damned delicious, charming, and excellent value. And it  doesn't hurt that it sits on a lovely little corner of Exmouth Market - the perfect pre-Saddler's feast.

Last week I went with two of my lovely colleagues and Paesan had recently launched their summer menu, so here are some of our favourites for the season: 



The burrata with aubergine is divinely creamy and the bruschetta toppings are orginal and well-conceived... 


... The pastas are less good for sharing but simple and delicious - we enjoyed the ragu but a little birdie tells me the orichiette is AMAZINGLY Good



The beef is perfectly rare and flavoursome with just the right level of char...


... And the truffle parmesan chips are the ideal accompaniment


Lastly, the rum baba is a great way to round off the meal - delicious boozy with a moist, syrupy texture

Then if you have any room left, there is a great cocktail bar downstairs with very reasonably priced drinks (and a 2 for one happy hour 6-8)