Friday 22 January 2016

Remote Philippines: Batanes and Siquijor



With over 7,000 islands to choose from, the most difficult thing about travelling to the Philippines is deciding where to go. Whereas I would be happy to spend months on end lying on a beach with a good book, my boyfriend looks for something a bit more adventurous. 

For this trip, we were each allowed one destination, and ended up going for the two smallest Filipino provinces without realising (when I say remote, I mean it)! Batanes, the northernmost outpost of the Philippines, and Siquijor in the Visayas. 



Other than their size, these two are a like chalk and cheese, the one full of plush, green, rolling pasturelands and typhoon-battered stone villages, the other boasts mile after mile of pristine white sand beaches... winter tanning here I come!

In my next couple of posts I will try to give you a flavour of each, but for now, here are my top five highlights...

1) Sunset over the rolling hills - Batanes



2) Hanging out with the locals


3) The street food... not exactly what you need for the perfect beach body, but pretty tasty!



4) Which brings me onto... the beach! The beautiful, beautiful beach (Coco Grove Beach Resort)



5) and finally... the daily massages at Coco Grove Spa



So sad its over! More to come soon...